Information Technology: Overview
At BETA Healthcare Group (BETA), we believe the quality and speed of information delivery can have a dramatic impact on healthcare facility operations. To help members improve in-house procedures that help reduce claims and losses, BETA has invested in advanced communications and data-retrieval systems. A few examples:
- A specialized database stores each facility’s claims and incident data and allows members to receive a variety of reports for evaluating claims performance and incident trends. Claims loss runs and incident trending reports are updated electronically each month and are available for downloading through our Member Area.
- Our secure Member Area currently provides confidential online access to the following:
- risk management publications
- presentations from recent meetings
- DVD lending library materials
- claims reports
- drill-down analysis of claims data using Business Objects software
In the near future, we plan to expand the Member Area to include the following:
- underwriting documents, including coverage contracts, certificates of coverage and ID cards
Given the confidential nature of the materials posted on our Member Area, it is important that Member Area accounts be kept current. The following form can be used to add, delete or modify existing Member Area accounts:
BETA’s Information Technology Department continually upgrades the company’s systems and is committed to staying at the forefront of technology to help members reduce costs, develop solutions and make more informed decisions.