Our DVD lending library is a rich resource of information for members and insureds. You can access a range of offerings to enhance in-house training and new-hire programs, or simply offer staff a “refresher” on a given topic.
Members and insureds can check out DVDs online by going to the Member Area and reviewing the DVD lending library. Our library serves as a convenient way to provide your team with important risk management information.
Titles in our library include:
- First Do No Harm This DVD uses examples from the closed malpractice claims files of the Risk Management Foundation of the Harvard Medical Institution.
- SBAR: Staff Training for Improved Communication (Top!) Train your entire organization in the precise techniques for delivering timely, sensitive, and critical information.
- It’s a Dog’s World This DVD uses a humorous approach to demonstrate the key points of customer service, patient relations, and communication training.
- Patient Satisfaction Success View this DVD to teach front-line staff how to interact with patients in a way that will improve patient satisfaction.
- Patient Safety Requires a Team Effort This DVD focuses on key principles that all employees should follow to help prevent medical errors and strengthen patient safety.
- Strategies for Leadership: An Invitation to Conversation This three DVD series is especially designed for hospital trustees, and zeroes in on the key issues in improving quality and provides a framework to help hospital’s boards understand their critical role.
- Patient Confidentiality: It’s Everybody’s Job, Not Everybody’s Business This DVD portrays eight of the most common incidents of breaching patient confidentiality, and it will show you and your workers exactly what to do in situations where a patient’s privacy is at risk.
- Building System Safeguards for the Safe Use of High Alert Medications This DVD focuses on how hospitals can build safeguards in their medication systems (i.e., ordering, storage, preparation, dispensing, and administration practices) to prevent medication errors with high-alert drugs.
For more information about our DVD lending library, contact Risk Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.